Do you need reliable indoor stair lights to illuminate the indoor steps of your home? Unfortunately, there are a bunch of brands and models of stair lights around you that are not worthy.
The following are the top 4 stair lights that I have selected after researching thousands of reviews online and analyzing their features. They are each unique in their own way.
I hope you will get a good idea of how to solve your problem. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Best Indoor Stair Lights
- This one is perfect for all seasons, from hot summer to freezing winter.
- As it is battery-operated, installation is a breeze
- This Mr. Beams MB522 has an amazing motion sensor. It is one of the few lights with such solid performance.
- No matter what the weather is like, it lasts a long time
- This product can be used indoors or outdoors
- It is a warm white light.
- This light has the right brightness for indoor stairs. It is not bright enough for the outdoors.
- The battery compartment is screw-in. Therefore, changing batteries can be a bit of a hassle
- The battery compartment has a glow mode and switches.
If you are interested in a battery-operated LED stair light with a motion detector, you could consider this Mr. Beams MB522. Using this LED stair light you can use it safely in your house. It is made of plastic.
This light can be used both indoors and outdoors. It can withstand heat and cold during the summer as well as the winter. The motion sensor and battery life of this light are excellent.
Around 12 feet away, the motion detection works. A built-in auto-shutoff feature is also included. Approximately after a minute, the device will automatically shut off. It is therefore an energy-saving option. Therefore, this one offers a solution to the problem of seniors and kids in the dark.
It provides 35 lumens and covers 120 square feet. It is super easy to install because it is battery-operated. It requires no wiring.
- The photocell light will only work in the dark
- Even the elderly can see the light
- The motion detection works great
- It is super easy to install
- It has a sturdy cover that doesn’t leak light
- Batteries do not need to be changed
- The price is a bit higher than the battery-operated and plastic-made lights
Are you tired of changing the battery of your indoor stair light? Well, this Cloudy Bay step light may be of interest to you if you’re looking for motion-activated and photocell LED step lights for indoor stairs. You will get a 3000K warm white light from this 120 Volt LED light.
It is not a battery-operated light. Therefore, you need to connect it to an AC or DC line to operate it. This is a good choice for those who are looking for a long-term solution.
Because it is made of aluminum, it lasts longer than cheap plastic items. It can be easily mounted on the wall.
- This is a 3.5 W volt step light
- This dimmable light emits 3000K Warm White light
- Dimming range: 5%-100%
- Waterproof and dustproof
- LED dimmable light only works with flare surfaces
- It is not a motion-activated light
- You need the mainline connection as this is not a battery operated device
This LEONLITE step light could be considered if you’re looking for a dimmable step light for indoor stairs. The combination of an aluminum shell and LED light make this a high-quality step light. In contrast to fragile plastic, this dimmable step light is durable and corrosion-resistant.
The step light can be used in freezing winter or hot summer without any problems. It works in temperatures between -4°F and 104°F.
This LED step light is dustproof and waterproof, so you can use it both indoors and outdoors.
Innofox Stick-on Motion Sensor Lights
- Brightness at the right level
- Powered by a battery, so there is no installation hassle
- The motion detection works well
- For 20-25 seconds, the light will remain on. This saves energy.
- The building quality isn’t great. The material is plastic.
It is another motion-censored and battery-operated stair light that you can use indoors. It is easy to install. You can stick it anywhere to get the light at night. The adhesive is double-sided. You don’t need to drill into the wall.
Glowing white light provides glare-free illumination. It has a smooth motion sensor. The motion sensor range is 120 degrees. The range of activation is 10 feet. Consequently, you will have enough light at night.
If the motion sensor doesn’t detect motion within 20 seconds, the light will go out automatically.
FAQ On Indoor Stair Light
Where should I place the indoor stair light?
It depends on the appearance of your stairs. Also, you should consider the main design of your interior. If your stair lights are wall-mounted, they’re likely too low for people to bump their heads against when climbing up or downstairs. You can place the light bulbs either horizontally across the treads or vertically up the risers. Make sure that the light bulbs are spaced out so they cover the entire staircase.
Should I put lights on each step?
If you’re thinking about aesthetics, then you might want to consider adding lights to each step so that they look nicer when you walk by them at night. Usually, You don’t need to install lights on every single stair. You should place them evenly so they don’t create any dark spots when illuminated. You want to ensure that every step has enough light so there aren’t any dark spots in the light. If you are a senior or want to add stair lights for the elder member of your family, then you have to ensure that there is enough light everywhere.
How many stair lights do I need to light up my indoor stairs?
To determine how many light fixtures you’ll need for your staircase, consider how brightly you’d like them to shine. You first need to ensure that the light illuminates the entire staircase. If you’re using an LED strip, you might want to experiment by trying one light per three steps. However, this varies depending on other factors like the brightness of the light source.
What kind of light do you use for stairs?
You could use LED lights for indoor stairs. LED stair lights come in different types such as motion-activated, battery-operated, and dimmable. Motion-activated lights are best for those who prefer the dark. The dimmable lights are also good for those who do not like darkness.
Indoor stair lights are a great solution indeed. You could choose the battery-activated motion-activated stair lights for your indoor stairs. if you don’t like to change the battery of the stair lights, then you could go for the wearable stair light. There is extra hassle here. But it will provide the maximum service.